Friday, June 27, 2014

Mr. Peanut Butter Face

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”

Alright. Go ahead. Have lunch with your very young toddler grandchild and see if you don’t break out in song.  I dare  you.  Lunch time, dinner time, any time that food is involved, cheer and song are not far behind. 

When I finally (!) got to recording Nana’s Greatest Hits with my talented collaborator, Melissa Phillippe, it was a song about food that came first.  This wasn’t the first song I wrote , but it happens to be a favorite.  An MP3 of our recorded session is coming soon.  Hope you enjoy it.

A very young child eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in his high chair is one of the great experiences open to a grandparent.  Do not miss it.  Serve up the goods and stand back and watch.  Pretty soon you’ll be singing…  (Note: Change gender lyric as you will.)

Hey Mister Peanut Butter Face
You’ve got your lunch all over the place
And it looks as good as I bet it tastes
Mr. Peanut Butter Face

            Mr. Peanut Butter
            Bet you want another
            Mr. Peanut Butter Face

            Mr. Peanut Butter
            Grinnin’ at your mother
Mr. Peanut Butter Face

Hey little Jelly Fingers Guy
You look pretty happy and I think I know why
‘Cause the stuff in your sandwich  makes a sparkle in your eye
Little Jelly Fingers Guy

Little Jelly Fingers
Helps the flavor linger
Little Jelly Fingers Guy

Little Jelly Fingers
I’m a Jelly Singer
Little Jelly Fingers Guy
(FAST)

Mr. Peanut Butter Face, Mr. Peanut Butter Face, Mr. Peanut Butter Face!!



4 comments:

  1. I love this, Kathleen. And who knew your musical talents? I'm very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely singing voice! And a great song-writing talent as well! Who knew? Awesome! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Love it!!! We'd love to have you come and sing at the " Busy Brown House " anytime :)

      Delete